TOPIC:

PLANES MOD TEST 4 years 9 months ago #1188

• NEMOSKAL
  • NEMOSKAL's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Here i come again with a banhammer in my hand
  • Thank you received: 112
I test a planes mod. Who wants to test with me, must download a client mod.

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Make a copy of your game folder.
2. Check if you have made a copy of your game folder. I do not joke, i am not responsible if you destroy your game with this mod.
3. Download mod here .
4. Move 2 folders (Dist and Package) from the mod folder to your game folder.
5. Play

This mod is made by NAPISAL, i just took 1 conquest map with planes. More info here
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aniums, m4xvip3r, mehran, Tilak Raj Rana, Waseem Rkab

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by NEMOSKAL.

PLANES MOD TEST 4 years 9 months ago #1190

• NEMOSKAL
  • NEMOSKAL's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Here i come again with a banhammer in my hand
  • Thank you received: 112
FAQ for those who have troubles

Where is my game folder?
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Battlefield Bad Company 2

Where should i make a copy of my game?
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts

What name should i give to a copy of my game?
Battlefield Bad Company 2 Air

What happens if i replace the files in my original game folder? Will i still be able to play BFBC2 on other servers?
You still be able to play original BFBC2 game, but some game elements (like colour of team, colour of map elements) will be changed and it will be not easy to restore them

What is mod folder?
mod.zip when unpacked is a mod folder

Why 2 folders in mod folder, isn't it better to put 2 folders directly in .zip file?
It was made to prevent people to overwrite files in original game folder

Why do i have to download this? There are many modded servers that don't need additional client files.
Modding has its limitations. Planes are static in original game, they have no engine, no bombs etc. So even if server side has them, you client has no clue about it and just crash

Why this mod is sooo big? 1,5 Gb? Really?
This mod has a common file for other maps that will be made in the future, so next maps will be smaller, like 250-500 Mb each

Can i infect my PC with this mod?
This mod has no executable files or libraries, so even theoretically no.

Who made this mod?
This mod was made by Napisal. Other people like badbaubau, emi liano have also worked on it.

I saw MOD_PACK + Bots + Jets + New Maps on forums.veniceunleashed.net. Is it the same?
Yes, i just took 1 map (MP_SP_006CQ) and zipped it. So if you download all the mods and updates from NEXUS forum till v 3.8 you will be able to play it

I did everything exactly as you stated but i see no map name when i start the game
You unpacked mod folder to your game folder, but have to unpack the content of the mod folder (Dist and Package folders). Or you just start your original game instead of modded.

When i put 2 folders from mod folder to the game folder it asks if i should overwrite 4 files. Should i confirm?
Yes, confirm it.

When i connect to server,i have low fps.
Try alt+enter a few times. Change dx=auto to dx=9 in setting.ini and turn bloom to false (C:\Users\"PCUSER"\Documents\BFBC2)

I did not find an answer to my question here. What should i do?
Register and post it on the forum.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by NEMOSKAL.
  • Page: